“Are you tired of digging through piles of clothes to find that one shirt you love? Is your closet overflowing with items and lacking in organization? Look no further! With these clever DIY coat hanger ideas, you can transform your cluttered closet into a neat and stylish space. From repurposing old materials to creating unique designs, we’ve got all the inspiration you need to make your closet the envy of all your friends.”
How to Make a Wooden Coat Hanger
If you’re looking for a way to organize your closet and add a personal touch, consider making your own coat hangers. Wooden coat hangers are a great option because they’re sturdy and can be customized to match your home decor. Plus, they’re easy to make! Here’s how:
1. Start by cutting two pieces of wood to the desired length. Then, use sandpaper to smooth the edges of the wood.
2. Next, drill holes in each piece of wood for the dowel rods. The holes should be drilled about 1 inch from the end of the wood and spaced about 2 inches apart.
3. Cut dowel rods to fit the holes and insert them into the wood. You may need to use a hammer to tap them into place.
4. Once all of the dowel rods are in place, sand the entire surface of the hanger to smooth out any rough edges.
5. Finally, finish the hanger by staining or painting it to match your home decor. Allow it to dry completely before using it to hang coats or other clothing items in your closet.
How to Make a PVC Pipe Coat Hanger
PVC pipe is an inexpensive material that can be used to create a variety of helpful household items, including a coat hanger. This project is simple and only requires a few supplies that can be found at your local hardware store.
To make a PVC pipe coat hanger, start by cutting a length of PVC pipe to the desired size. Next, use a drill to create two holes near the top of the pipe. These holes will be used to secure the hooks that will hold your coats. Once the holes are drilled, insert the hooks and screw them in place.
Your PVC coat hanger is now ready to use! Hang it in your closet or near the front door so that you always have a place to hang your coats when you come home.
How to Make a Woven Coat Hanger
If you’re looking for a way to add a little extra organization to your closet, consider making your own coat hanger. This DIY project is easy to do and only requires a few supplies that you likely already have around the house. Plus, it’s a great way to add a personal touch to your space!
To get started, you’ll need:
-A coat hanger
-Ruler or measuring tape
-Fabric of your choice (enough to cover the entire coat hanger)
-Hot glue gun & glue sticks
-Decorative ribbon (optional)
First, use the scissors to cut the fabric into strips that are about 1 inch wide and 18 inches long. You should end up with about 8 strips of fabric. Next, take one strip of fabric and hot glue it to the top of the coat hanger. Continue adding strips of fabric, slightly overlapping each one as you go. Once all of the fabric strips have been added, trim any excess fabric from the bottom of the hanger. Finally, use hot glue to attach a decorative ribbon around the base of the hanger (this is optional). And that’s it! Your new woven coat hanger is ready to use.
How to Make a Fabric-Covered Coat Hanger
If your closet is cluttered and in need of some organization, consider making your own coat hangers. This project is easy to do and only requires a few supplies. With a little bit of fabric and some hot glue, you can make your own fabric-covered coat hangers.
Here’s what you’ll need:
-Hot glue gun & glue sticks
1. Start by cutting your fabric into strips. You’ll need one strip for each coat hanger. The size of the strip will depend on the size of the hanger, but you’ll want it to be long enough to wrap around the hook and cover the top and bottom bars.
2. Apply hot glue to one end of the fabric strip and attach it to the top bar of the hanger. Wrap the fabric around the hanger, applying more hot glue as you go. Trim any excess fabric once you reach the end.
3. Repeat steps 1 & 2 for each hanger you wish to cover.
4. Hang your new coat hangers in your closet and enjoy your newly organized space!
How to Make a Ladder Coat Hanger
If you have a lot of coats or heavy winter jackets, a ladder coat hanger is a great way to keep them organized and off the floor. Ladder coat hangers are also perfect for small spaces since they take up very little room. making your own ladder coat hanger is easy and only requires a few supplies that you probably already have around the house.
Here’s what you’ll need:
-Jute twine or string
1. Start by leaning the ladder against a wall or other sturdy surface. If you’re using an A-frame ladder, make sure that it’s fully open so that it’s stable.
2. Cut several lengths of twine or string, each about 2 feet long. Tie one end of each length of twine to a rung of the ladder, spaced evenly apart. The number of strings you’ll need will depend on the width of your ladder and how many coats you want to hang. 3. Hang your coats on the coat hangers and then drape over the rungs of the ladder. You can adjust the spacing between coats as needed. 4. That’s it! Your new DIY ladder coat hanger is ready to use.
Getting your closet organized and keeping it that way is a task that can sometimes feel overwhelming. But with the right tools, like these clever DIY coat hanger ideas, you can easily make sure your closet stays neat and tidy. With just a few materials and some creativity, you’ll be able to create a custom storage solution that fits any budget and keeps your clothes looking great. So why wait? Start organizing today.
Follow Calgary Time