Summer is fast approaching and with it comes the inevitable heatwaves. But no need to sweat it out this year! Portable air conditioners have become increasingly popular in recent years, providing a convenient way to keep cool without the hassle of installation or permanent fixtures. However, with so many options on the market, it can be difficult to choose which one is right for you. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at the three types of portable air conditioners available, how to choose the best one for your needs, and our top five picks for the best portable air conditioners in Canada.
The Three Types of Portable Air Conditioners
Portable air conditioners are a popular choice for homeowners and renters alike who need to cool down their living space without the expense of central AC or the installation restrictions of window units. Understanding the different types of portable air conditioners available can help you choose which one will work best for your needs.
Firstly, there is the single-hose portable air conditioner. This type uses one hose to draw in hot air from your room, cool it down, and then push it back out into your space. While they’re typically more affordable than other options, single-hose models have been found to be less efficient at cooling larger spaces.
Secondly, there is dual-hose portable air conditioner which has two hoses: one that draws in hot air from outside while another expels cooled-down exhaust back outside. Dual-hose models tend to be more energy-efficient than single-hose ones because they don’t create negative pressure inside your home.
There are split-system portable ACs that consist of an outdoor compressor unit and indoor evaporator unit connected by a refrigerant line set. They require professional installation but offer better cooling performance than both single- and dual-hose units.
Ultimately, deciding on what type of portable AC you need depends on several factors like room size, budget limitations as well as desired features such as programmable timers or remote control operation.
How to Choose the Best Portable Air Conditioner for You
When choosing the best portable air conditioner for you, there are a few important factors to consider. Firstly, it’s essential to determine what size of air conditioning unit is needed for your space. A unit that’s too small won’t cool the room effectively and a large one will waste energy.
Next, consider the type of portable AC that suits your needs- single hose or dual hose? The single-hose units are cheaper but less efficient than their dual-hose counterparts as they need to pull in hot air from outside which reduces efficiency.
Another factor is noise level; if you’re planning on using it while sleeping or working then it should be quiet enough not to disturb you. Additionally, check out how easy it is to install and maintain; some units come with installation kits while others require more effort.
Price can be an important consideration when selecting a portable AC. While cheaper models may seem attractive initially, investing in quality can save money in the long run by being more reliable and consuming less energy overall.
The Five Best Portable Air Conditioners on the Market
When it comes to finding the best portable air conditioner in Canada, there are a lot of options on the market. To help you make an informed decision, we’ve narrowed down five of the best portable AC units available.
1. Honeywell HL10CESWK Portable Air Conditioner. This unit can cool rooms up to 450 square feet and has a sleek design that blends well with any decor. It also features an auto-evaporation system for hassle-free maintenance.
2. De’Longhi PacN110EC Portable Air Conditioner, which offers powerful cooling for rooms up to 350 square feet. It’s easy to set up and has a quiet operation mode for peaceful sleeping or working environments.
3. Whynter ARC-14S – This portable air conditioner has a cooling capacity of 14,000 BTU, making it suitable for rooms up to 500 square feet. It also features a dual hose system, which is more efficient than single hose units. The Whynter ARC-14S also has a built-in dehumidifier and fan.
4. LG LP0817WSR – This portable air conditioner has a cooling capacity of 8,000 BTU and is ideal for rooms up to 150 square feet. It features an LED display with an easy-to-use control panel and has three fan speeds. The LG LP0817WSR also has a built-in dehumidifier and can be controlled via a remote.
5. Honeywell MN12CES – This portable air conditioner has a cooling capacity of 12,000 BTU, making it suitable for rooms up to 450 square feet. It has a built-in dehumidifier and fan, and features a digital display with touch controls. The Honeywell MN12CES also has an auto-evaporation system, so you don’t have to worry about emptying a water tank.
How to Care for Your Portable Air Conditioner
Portable air conditioners are a great investment for those who want to stay cool during hot summer days without the need for permanent installation. However, like any other appliance, these units require proper care and maintenance to ensure they function efficiently and last longer.
Firstly, it’s important to clean or replace the air filter regularly as dirty filters can reduce airflow and cause the unit to work harder than necessary. It’s also crucial to check the exhaust hose frequently for bends or kinks that may restrict airflow.
Another essential aspect of caring for your portable air conditioner is ensuring that its condensate drain is free from clogs. This can be done by cleaning it with a mixture of water and bleach every month.
Moreover, make sure not to overload the unit with too much workload by setting it at lower temperatures constantly. Doing so will only wear out its internal components faster leading to frequent repairs.
Remember always to store your portable air conditioner in a dry place when not in use since moisture buildup can lead to mold growth inside the unit.
Choosing the best portable air conditioner for your home can be a daunting task. However, with the right information and knowledge on the types of portable air conditioners available in Canada and their features, you can make a great choice.
Remember to consider factors such as room size, energy efficiency rating, noise level, and ease of maintenance when selecting a portable air conditioner. Additionally, ensure that you purchase from reputable brands to guarantee quality performance.
With our top five picks for the best portable air conditioners in Canada, you can rest assured that you’ll have an excellent unit that will keep your space cool during hot summer months. Don’t forget to take care of your investment by cleaning it regularly and storing it properly during off-seasons.